Saturday, February 13, 2016

Digital Clock Redesign: (1) Project Proposal

For my digital clock redesign, I am planning to create a readout where, instead of traditional numbers, the display will use stylized cats which represent the numbers 0-9.

(click to zoom)
To prepare, I've sketched out a few cats for each of the 10 digits I'll need. The "9" remains unlabelled because it is simply the 6 upside-down. I plan to trace over these preliminary sketches in Inkscape to create a vector file for each digit (likely the majority of my work on Tuesday, 2/16). After that, I will be programming these numbers to display in Processing and adding color and embellishments as I see fit (Thursday, 2/18). This timeline should be sufficient in helping me complete this project by Tuesday, February 23rd as scheduled.

More updates to come throughout the week. Stay tuned!

Paige Ruka

No comments:

Post a Comment